- Bigger and better: The Retina display on the iPhone 5 is taller than its 4S predecessor, with a four-inch display, allowing for a fifth row of icons to easily access your favorite apps from the homepage and watch video in full-screen mode. The screen is also the first Retina display with integrated touch technology, meaning more clarity than ever before. Plus, the new glass and aluminum exterior is a slick change that’ll feel at home in your hand.
- Faster wireless: With super-fast LTE wireless connectivity you can browse, download, and stream content at remarkable speeds on the iPhone 5.
Keep reading for more reasons to buy the new iPhone 5!
- Lighter and thinner: It may be bigger than before, but the iPhone 5 is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S, which Apple also claims makes it “the world’s thinnest smartphone.”
- Improved battery life: You rely on your smartphone for almost everything, so a long battery life is crucial. Although the iPhone 5 has advanced features, like the A6 chip, that are built for speed, Apple claims the battery life will last throughout the day — up to eight hours of browsing and talk time and up to 10 hours of video playback time. What’s yet to be determined is how the battery will respond to fast-moving LTE browsing.
- Better camera: One of the most popular features of the iPhone just keeps getting better. The iSight camera technology has a new panorama feature and 1080p HD video recording. Let’s not forget about the front-facing camera: the grainy image quality that made us dread FaceTime on the 4S is improved. FaceTime is a feature users can look forward to now thanks to the sharper quality and ability to use over a cellular network.
- Enhanced audio: The iPhone 5 also got an audio upgrade with three redesigned microphones, one on the front, back, and bottom for a clearer sound intended to eliminate background noise.
Still on the iPhone 5 fence? Check out our reasons to pass on the latest Apple gadget.