Everyone knows about Michelle Obama’s lovely dress. But Who is Thom Brown?
1. Browne, 47, whose business is based in New York, is most famous for his menswear, especially his neatly-tailored suits.
2. He just debuted a line of bizarre square-shaped top hats.
3. Before launching his own label, he lead the design team at Club Monaco.3
4. Browne was named the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Menswear Designer of the Year in 2006 — Tom Ford won the same prize in 2008 — and named the GQ Designer of the Year in 2008.
5. Some of his womenswear is a little, er, out there, but Michelle’s bespoke dress was based on the pattern of one of Browne’s ties.