h oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh no no…is Beyoncé the new James Franco? Babe has been busy with a capital “B” — there’s that Destiny’s Child reunion, an HBO documentary, and, oh yeah, a little thing called the inauguration. Somewhere in the middle of her busy professional schedule and playing mom to Blue Ivy, the superstar has managed to take a page from BFF Gwyneth Paltrow, launching a blog, appropriately titled “The Beyhive Blog.”
Announced on her official website today, Beyoncé explains that the blog, “is my way of showing all the inspiring things I come across every single day.” And, not only is she allowing fans a glimpse into her beyond cool world, she’s also sharing her fans creations — from paintings to video — to “show the world what you do and how much I appreciate you.”
The blog itself, named after Beyoncé’s cult community (à la Beliebers), is visually gorgeous, with stark graphics, rich imagery, and lots and lots of inspiration, from Bey’s favorite people to products she’s obsessing. You better believe we signed up immediately — we’ve spent the morning clicking away (already bought these shoes, thanks girl!), then promptly listened to her rendition of the national anthem approximately 3.5 times. Luckily, Knowles says “This is just the beginning, there is so much out there to dig into. Stay tuned.” As if we would do anything else.
Photos: Via The Beyhive Blog.
Beyonce reportedly lip-synced her way through the national anthem during President Obama’s inauguration ceremony Monday.
What people heard was a pre-recorded studio track of her singing the “Star-Spangled Banner,”The Times, TMZ and CNN confirmed. Before Monday’s event, this photo on Beyonce’s Instagram account showed her in what appears to be a recording studio.
Kelly Clarkson and James Taylor also performed during the inauguration, and TMZ‘s source with the U.S. Marine Band says Clarkson sang live.
Mashable has contacted the Marine Band for comment and will update this when they reply.
Watch Beyonce perform the national anthem below:
Everyone knows about Michelle Obama’s lovely dress. But Who is Thom Brown?
1. Browne, 47, whose business is based in New York, is most famous for his menswear, especially his neatly-tailored suits.
2. He just debuted a line of bizarre square-shaped top hats.
3. Before launching his own label, he lead the design team at Club Monaco.3
4. Browne was named the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Menswear Designer of the Year in 2006 — Tom Ford won the same prize in 2008 — and named the GQ Designer of the Year in 2008.
5. Some of his womenswear is a little, er, out there, but Michelle’s bespoke dress was based on the pattern of one of Browne’s ties.